Wildlife in Minnesota in One Day!
WHO SHOULD ATTEND: Intermediate Amateurs, Advanced Amateurs, Professionals
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Participants must be in good health and able to walk on uneven terrain. You must be able to carry your gear without assistance. You will be permitted to optionally kneel, sit down or lay down during the photo sessions. You may bring a stool to sit on. If assistance is needed to accomplish any of these physical requirements, you may at your own expense bring a non-photographer participant to assist you. There will be no exceptions to these requirements.
Incredible photo workshop in Sandstone, Minnesota. Just getting started in wildlife photography? Get your feet wet with this one-day workshop. You will learn the best shutter speeds for action, the value of auto ISO, the best focus point arrangement for AF and post processing tips.
Fall colors will begin to appear, providing a beautiful mix of green, orange and red foliage.
- An informative online webinar that covers wildlife photography composition tips, camera settings, recommended gear, and a slideshow of photos taken of (along with camera settings) to prepare you to maximize your camera’s potential while shooting.
- 3 photos sessions. Species will consist of a tundra wolf, a juvenile bobcat and raccoon. Up close with no barriers.
- Contingent on low river water levels, the wolf will be photographed in the river rapids. You will be shooting from the shoreline or at your option, you may bring chest waders to photograph from within the water.
- Photograph wildlife at eye level in beautiful fall colors, water and land backdrops. The most common focal length used is 70-200mm.
- Potential opportunity to photograph other species for an additional fee.
- Class size is limited to 12 participants so you’ll have plenty of one-on-one time with Kathleen to ask questions and get coaching specific to your individual photographic needs.
- Time and weather permitting, additional sessions offered at rate of $200 pp for a primary species/ $145 pp for a secondary species.
- Pre-trip online photography instruction webinar
- Pre-trip planning handout
- 3 photo sessions
- Instruction and assistance throughout the workshop
- Trip Insurance – cancel for any reason is your best protection
- Airfare (recommend flying into MSP airport)
- Ground transportation
- Tip for wildlife staff
- Optional photo sessions