Springtime Wildlife Babies
WHO SHOULD ATTEND: Intermediate Amateurs, Advanced Amateurs, Professionals
WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW: You need to be experienced with your camera to make suggested setting changes in the field without hands-on assistance and comprehend the rationale behind the recommended settings (including exposure mode, f-stop, shutter speed, ISO, metering mode, focus mode, assessing histogram and highlight information, and making corresponding exposure compensation changes). This is not a workshop to learn how to use your camera.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Participants must be in good health, able to walk on uneven terrain sometimes up hill and up to 1/4 mile with tripod/camera/lens, and able to stand in place for up to an hour. You must be able to carry your gear without assistance. When allowed by Triple D based on the species being photographed and risk to participants (and not simply at your request), you may be permitted to optionally kneel on one knee and sometimes sit down during a photo session. When sitting is permitted by Triple D, you are responsible for bringing a chair with you in your vehicle if you should need one. If assistance is needed to accomplish any of these physical requirements, you may at your own expense bring a non-photographer participant with you for an additional fee of $50/day, paid to Triple D. There will be no exceptions to these requirements.
Join professional wildlife photographer Kathleen Reeder for this incredible photo workshop in Kalispell, Montana at Triple D Game Ranch. With expert wildlife photography instruction before and during the workshop, and a vast array of beautiful wildlife babies to photograph, you will capture the images you have dreamed about!
- A minimum of 8 animal species photo sessions with the best wildlife babies that Triple D has to offer. Sessions will be scheduled by Triple D, selected from the babies born in the spring of 2020. Tentative list of babies can include: Wolf, Grey Fox, Siberian Lynx, Raccoon, Coyote, Canadian Lynx, Porcupine, Red Fox, Bobcat, Badger and Fisher.
- Species not included in the cost of the 8 sessions (including adult wild animals) will be offered to participants for an additional rate.
- An informative online webinar presentation that covers wildlife photography composition tips, camera settings, recommended gear, and an illustrative slideshow of photos with camera settings taken by Kathleen of Triple D wildlife babies to prepare you to maximize your camera’s potential while shooting.
- Photograph wildlife at eye level in natural settings. The most common lens used is a 70-200mm.
- Photo sessions are scheduled for 3 days, with an additional day reserved in the event of inclement weather. In the event the 4th day is not needed as a makeup day, additional sessions will be offered at the additional rate.
- Evening photography instruction and critiques.
- Post processing demonstration.
- Class size is limited to 12 participants so you’ll have plenty of one-on-one time with Kathleen to ask questions and get coaching specific to your individual photographic needs.
Optional photo sessions at a rate of $175/session.
- Pre-trip online photography instruction webinar
- 8 photo sessions at Triple D
- Instruction and assistance throughout the workshop
- Post processing demonstration and critiques on request
- Cost of optional photo sessions at Triple D
- Ground transportation
- Tip for Triple D Staff