Hummingbirds in Sedona Photo Workshop
Join professional wildlife photographer instructor Kathleen Reeder for an incredible hummingbird photo workshop in beautiful Sedona, Arizona during the annual hummingbird migration. Capture tack-sharp wings with gorgeous backgrounds. With expert wildlife photography instruction before and during the workshop, and an unbelievable quantity of hummingbirds to photograph in glorious Red Rock country, you will most certainly capture lots of great images!
- An informative online webinar in advance of the workshop to prepare you. The webinar will cover wildlife photography composition tips, camera settings and a slideshow of hummingbird photos taken by Kathleen showing specific camera settings used to capture the images and recommended equipment.
- Access to private property that backs up to the red rocks of Sedona. It’s only us and over 1,000 hummingbirds a day (up to 7 different species).
- Home owner is a hummingbird rescue facility and is commonly asked to host hummingbird banding events. Learn more about hummingbird behavior from the home owner.
- Multi-flash photo stations and all specialty gear set up for you to use. You only need to bring your camera, lens and tripod.
- Opportunity to photograph these magical creatures in both natural light and using flash. There are over 30 feeders that have been attracting hummingbirds for over 10 years on this property.
- Photograph hummingbirds Sunday evening, Monday morning, Monday evening and Tuesday morning.
- Opportunity to hand feed hummingbirds with a small hand-held feeder and it can be captured with slow motion video
- Class size is limited to 8 participants so you’ll have plenty of one-on-one time with Kathleen to ask questions and get coaching specific to your individual photographic needs
- Post workshop webinar to share photos and discuss post processing.
- Pre-workshop online instructional webinar
- Access to the private property
- Multi-flash stations
- All photo sessions
- Video of you feeding the hummingbirds from a small hand-held feeder
- Instruction and assistance throughout the workshop
- Beverages and snacks while shooting
- Post workshop photo sharing webinar
Recommended Lodging (not included in the workshop cost)
- Holiday Inn Express Sedona – Village of Oak Creek, 6176 Highway 179, Sedona, Arizona 86351
- Phone: (928) 284-0711
- Plan to stay 2 nights for the workshop
About Kathleen Reeder
Kathleen Reeder is an internationally published, award-winning wildlife photographer. Her works reflect her personality: passionate, energetic, adventurous and focused. A sensitive eye and an intimate relationship with her subjects are the signatures of her work. She is a highly accomplished professional with an eager desire to share her knowledge with photographers of all skill sets. She shares her secrets to photographing wildlife in her books and provides ongoing tips in her newsletter and blog.