Alaska Bald Eagles
WHO SHOULD ATTEND: Intermediate Amateurs, Advanced Amateurs, Professionals
WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW: You need to be experienced with your camera to make suggested setting changes in the field without hands-on assistance and comprehend the rationale behind the recommended settings (including exposure mode, f-stop, shutter speed, ISO, focus mode, white balance, assessing histogram and highlight information, and making corresponding exposure compensation changes). This is not a workshop to learn how to use your camera.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Participants must be in good health and able to hand hold their camera/lens in a standing position. You must be able to carry your gear without assistance. There will be no exceptions to these requirements.
Participants will be required to sign the Kathleen Reeder Wildlife Photography Risk Waiver.
Join professional wildlife photographer/instructor Kathleen Reeder for an incredible 5 night/4-day photo workshop in Homer, Alaska to photograph bald eagles. I’m excited to offer you the opportunity to get close and personal with these raptors. We will be photographing in various winter conditions: heavy and light snow, cloudy or sunny days. This variety of weather, landscape and lighting conditions will provide you with the opportunity to create a diverse, creative and professional portfolio of this species. Mother nature will dictate the weather.
- An informative online webinar presentation that covers wildlife photography composition tips, camera settings, recommended gear including cold weather clothing, and an illustrative slideshow of bald eagle photos taken by Kathleen to prepare you to maximize your camera’s potential while shooting.
- 4 full days of shooting, providing the ideal amount of time to fine tune your skills, see many eagles in different settings and come away with superb images. A 70-200 mm lens is a common focal range for shooting eagles from the boat.
- We will also scout and photograph sea otters.
- Group size is limited to 5 participants so you’ll have plenty of time with Kathleen to ask questions and get coaching specific to your individual photographic needs.
- Arrive on Sunday, depart on Friday
- Pre-trip online photography instruction webinar
- Pre-trip planning handout
- 5 nights single-supplement lodging at the new Aspen Suites Hotel in Homer
- 8 two-hour boat tours (2/day) with an expert boat driver/guide
- Daily transportation to/from the hotel to the boat dock and for meals
- Air/ground transportation to Homer, Alaska
- Homer airport pick up/drop off will be via taxi
- Ground transportation in addition to what’s noted above
- Gratuity for boat captain
- Trip Insurance